Anyone who’s ever been to a construction site knows that it’s nearly impossible to practice social distancing. However, in the midst of this pandemic, it’s a measure that’s important to ensuring the safety of the construction crew. So how can a team safely install large pieces of glass while practicing social distancing? One crew found that using a SmartLift glass lifter allowed them to not only practice social distancing but also install large glass panels with ease.
Check out the USGlass interview with Rhyno Glass to hear how they’ve been able to leverage SmartLift to keep their project going despite the pandemic.
Tips For Keeping Workers Safe During COVID-19
As everyone continues to navigate this pandemic, we must all do our parts to keep each other safe. Here are a few tips to help keep your team safe and to help minimize the spread of COVID-19.
- Encourage workers to stay home when they're feeling sick
- Avoid physical contact with others and practice social distancing whenever possible
- Keep in-person meetings to a minimum—opting to conduct meeting over the phone or video networking platform
- Allow workers to wear masks, such as the masks SmartLift donated to glaziers in the field
- Recommend that workers stagger breaks and lunchtimes to reduce large gatherings
- Provide hand sanitizer with at least 60 alcohol and disinfect frequently touched surfaces regularly
Visit the OSHA website for a complete list of guidelines to keep your team protected during these unprecedented times.